View digital version of Contingencies
New to digital magazines?
Check out the latest issue of Contingencies in its digital version:
- National Measure—The State of U.S. Math Literacy
Our students routinely bring down the curve in international assessments of math proficiency. Is the nation—and its actuarial profession—at risk?
- Heard on the Street
Auto insurers are embracing usage-based insurance plans with open arms. Their customers? According to social media, not so much.
- A Delicate Dance—Successfully Managing Actuarial and IT Departments
It takes two to tango. Can actuaries and IT experts learn to get along? The future of many corporate enterprises depends upon it.
- Actuaries and Reserve Adequacy
Common methods used by property and casualty actuaries to determine insurance reserves may actually contribute to the reserving cycle.
- Plus puzzles and more
Actuarial JobSeeker, a supplement to the March/April Contingencies, is also available in a digital version. Read about:
- Nontraditional roles that are opening up for people with actuarial credentials and training;
- Actuaries who have successfully made the transition from work to part- or full-time retirement;
- Study findings on the barriers to career progression for women executives.